Fabric Postcards and ATC Swaps

If you enjoy trading postcards and ATC's (only textile related please) - I would be happy to swap with you. Send your cards to P.O. Box 7127, Ansfrere, 1711 South Africa. I will then return my cards to you. See the tab above for my latest work.



Our craft group meets every second Saturday of the month at the Liberty Church in Discovery at 2pm. Anyone welcome.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

New York Beauty and Dyeing fabric



This is some of what I made at retreat - just love the batik fabric and the bright colours.  Need more time now to make more blocks.  Have you made a NYB?  Let me know.

These are my fabrics from the dye class which was really fun too.



I hope to use them in one quilt and the reason why I used similar colours.  Dont you just love it?  Not sure what I must make with them though.

Oh and I am also going to show you what I am busy appliquing right now. Still busy with it and it is going to be some-one's christmas present.



Love applique the template-free way.

2 comments:

  1. the NYB blocks are great. I once started sewing them, but gave up. I can spend hours and hours on handstitching the most intricate embroidery stitches, but machine paper piecing the points is too much for me.
    isn't fabric dyeing fun? I love doing color runs and parfait dyeing most of all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree they can get tricky still havent finished mine yet.

    ReplyDelete